Mapping Your Future
Postel Family Credit Union can help with qualified and professional staff but we also have an endless array of business partners who can step in and take our service to a higher level. Credit Unions were founded on the principle of “people helping people.” That philosophy is still a driving force in the day-to-day operations of today’s credit union. When we improve the life of one member, we improve the lives of all members since we all share in the financial success through dividends and better loans rates.
If you are carrying a lot of debt on credit cards and loans, you can still set a plan to save. First, we suggest you look at your debt situation as part of your “Budget Planning Tips” to see how much you are spending on credit.
By setting a plan to reduce your high-interest debt you’ll get closer to saving money today.
- Identify your monthly payments for credit card balances, loans, rent-to-own obligations and other items you are making installment payments on.
- Stay timely on your payments to eliminate late payment charges.
- Pay off fastest, if possible, those items that contain additional costs such as late payment charges, over-the-limit fees and higher interest rates.
- If you must use a credit card, try to use only one and set a limit for yourself.
- Talk to a loan officer at Postel Family about your options.